Friday, August 8, 2014

Weekend Plans

A few years ago my weekend plans would have included the local farmer's market, brunch with a girlfriend, laying by a pool with a cocktail (or 3), some retail therapy, and maybe a nice dinner out or a movie.  Despite my grandiose expectations, my weekends as a mom are a balancing act of Thing 1's gymnastics schedule, making sure everyone has clean clothes by Monday and I consider it a true accomplishment if we get one family activity in, like going to an indoor rock climbing gym, or getting a bike ride in before it hits 2,000ยบ.






And I put  a gold star on my toothbrush chart if I feed my family at least one meal that doesn't come from a box, or includes sliced bread.

Yummy Triple Berry Salad
I don't want to jinx anything, but it is monsoon season here in the desert, so maybe we'll get to do this again...

Thing 1 puddle jumping a few years ago.

But lets face it, between my teething 5 month old and my moody 7 year old, if I'm REALLY lucky, this will be the high point of my weekend....



Whether your next couple of days are jam-packed with activities, or none at all, I hope you have an awesome weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment